Sunday, October 28, 2007

Israel and external Criticism

B"H

I put one of these polls into my German religious blog and the answer was astonishing.

My question was if Jews in Galut have the right to criticize Israel.

The majority of the people voting was: Yes, Israel has to listen to criticism from abroad.

Yes, there is no doubt about it. But how can people, even Jews, judge when they do not live in our country ? How do they know about certain situations they have never been into ?

And it is not only the point that people do not live here but, furthermore, have no clue about local mentalities.

This coming Wednesday, the haredi town Beitar Illit is holding elections for the new mayor, and as I do not live in Beitar neither know anything about the two fighting candidates, I do not get involved.

But would I have the right to do so ?

No comments:

Post a Comment