Thursday, March 15, 2007

Flooded

B"H

Jerusalem seems to be completely flooded. After the warm weather last week, winter came back yesterday. This morning we had some snow but now it just keeps on raining cats and dogs.
Forecast: It remains like this at least until Sunday.

Usually when we have such a weather, Jerusalemites love to eat hot soup, taking a hot shower and reading a good book. That's exactly what I am going to do today. Getting rid of my soaked clothes, eat and read. I just bought a good book, at least it seems like it. "Giving up America" by Pearl Abrahams. I liked her first book and hopefully the second book is good as well.

Her first book "The Romance Reader" was about a chassidic girl leaving her chassidic environment. I like reading about the subject, as I once studied in a haredi Yeshiva but also left the environment. Society pressure was too much for me. It caused me certain problems described in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment