Saturday, June 23, 2007

Another chassidic Shabbat

B"H

At the moment, the weather is just unbearable hot. Temperatures are far over 33 degrees Celsius. Eilat was even suffering from 45 degrees Celsius.

It is hard to breath and to move but, nevertheless, my friend and I went to another chassidic Tish last night. Well, it was not really another but rather the same Tish. Wherever we go, we always come back to Toldot Avraham Yitzchak, a split - off from Toldot Aharon, as we like it very much.

We went there last night and, again, stayed through the whole night. The more we go to those two groups, the more people we get to know and learn a lot about their society.
Psychologists and academics from Bar Ilan University or other institutions give lectures about feminism etc. in such close chassidic societies. I do not write any academic studies.
Before I decide writing about a chassidic group I do read all their literature as well as their history. However, I think that it is very important to speak to the people and from what we saw at the Tish so far, we can tell a lot about social behaviour.

Within the next few days, I am going to write an article on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment