Friday, August 17, 2007

Satmar Tish in Jerusalem

B"H

The Satmarer Rebbe, Rabbi Aharon Teitelbaum, invites thousands of people to his Tish. The event is taking place tonight and will last until tomorrow after Se'udat Shlishit. On Sunday he is due to return to New York.

This morning, I read in a haredi paper that the Satmarer Rebbe is giving a Tish in Jerusalem, and as everyone can surely imagine, I would really like to take a look at that. My friend and I will definitely go. I admit that I have no idea if there are at all women at a Satmarer Tish or not. However, even if we have to stay far away from the Rebbe's tent, we won't care. At least we can enjoy the atmosphere which, I am sure, will be incredible.

The Rebbe himself arrived at Ben Gurion airport on Wednesday afternoon. Hundreds of Chassidim followed him from New York and took a plane via Frankfurt / Germany.
How can this happen ? Hundreds of Satmarer Chassidim prayed Shacharit at Frankfurt Airport and then continued flying to Israel. The Germans must have been shocked seeing so many Chassidim alive.

Okay, it is great that Chassidim davka pray at a German airport and chassidically speaking, maybe they elevated some nezizot. However, it is completely beyond my understanding how someone from Satmar, whose Chassidut suffered so much in the Holocaust, chooses to change planes at a German airport.

A great Shabbat to everyone and maybe someone can tell me more about a Satmarer Tish in New York. Either in Kiryat Yoel or Williamsburgh.

Shabbat Shalom - Git Shabbes - Gut Shabbes

No comments:

Post a Comment