Friday, August 17, 2007

Time for my second life

B"H

It is Friday and slowly slowly I have to prepare myself for my second life.
During the week I am just an ordinary Jewish religious person. Reading daily papers, going out for a cup of coffee, working, whatever.

However, everything changes on Fridays. Well, I still go to the laundry in the morning but there is already a different feeling. As Shabbat is approaching, I am getting into a different mood.
Suddenly I take out nicer clothes and even a long skirt. You can say that I have two lives. Of course, each of us is different on Shabbat. But for me it is like entering a life which I actually do want but somehow I am still unable to make it real. And it does bother me, I have to admit. Nevertheless, having two days a week of chassidut is better than nothing. Positively speaking.

Shabbat Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment