Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nothing is Impossible

B"H

Almost everyone told me that it is impossible meeting a rabbi from the anti - Zionist umbrella organization Edah HaCharedit. Impossible as a WOMAN.

Now I just found out the opposite. It is possible, as one of the high - ranking Edah rabbis does receive men and women in order to advise them in halachic matters. Anyone can come and it doesn't have to be necessarily someone from a certain chassidic Edah group. However, the person should be Jewish and orthodox.

For tomorrow night, I am planning to go to a certain synagogue belonging to the Chassidut of this rabbi and I will find out when the hours of reception take place. The location I already know.

For many different reasons I decided not to mention the name of the rabbi and the exact location. As soon as I talk to private people in Mea Shearim, I am going to avoid mentioning names or places. I will either mention nothing or change names and locations. I greatly respect the privacy of the Chassidim and additionally I don't want outsiders to use exact information in a negative way.

As I already wrote, I have been planning to go to the Shabbat service at the Neturei Karta synagogue. But due to unexpected private matters, I might delay the visit and instead be going to the Satmar synagogue. So far, I am not sure.

I am excited to meet the Edah rabbi and I am prepared to stand in a long waiting line with all the chassidic Mea Shearim women. Actually I don't mind at all.

The rabbi answers halachic matters only and I am going to ask him a very personal question concerning my life which has been bothering me for many years. I can imagine what he is going to answer but maybe I am totally wrong and someone is finally able to give me a great piece of advice.

However, I am looking forward to that experience.

2 comments:

  1. Hi M.

    I have been reading your Blog every day Its good! Your doing a great job and this will make a very good book some day. I am truly proud to call you a friend. Are you printing your stuff and binding them I have been dealing with publishers lately and you have a market for this out side of the jewish cult world. I know you don't like the word cult but in this case it fits very well. Women were never treated like this in history. We got most of the modern treatment of women from the Arabs so much for originally.

    I really don't get the Anti Zionist thing at all. who's to say one of the founders of Israel wisent the messiah and we just don't recognized it yet.

    The real tragedy is the reliouges have created a whole under class of welfare recipients and the rest of us get to pay for it. That's wrong and needs to be changed ,our schools are full of idiots who don't give back a thing and hide under the pretext of praying for all of us. That's like the Mormons getting baptized for dead Jews, equally silly in my book. G-d want us to pray with cav'va'na for our self's, one on one with G-d groups are good but it is far more important for use to want to do it alone with G-d at our side.

    Oh well I love your work and I think it is important and well worth the effort Thanks so much.

    Thanks Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Hi Daniel,

    You are now the third person within two days telling me to write a book. :-)

    I don't know if I should bind all these articles together to soemthing but I rather thought about writing a novel in where I explain the chassidic world. Without mentioning group names, customs and names of Chassidim.

    I still don't agree with you too much on the welfare subject.
    Maybe it used to be like this but more and more Chassidim enter the job market, as they cannot support themselves from the kollel money (religious school) at all.

    And don't forget that many of them have already been working within their society. Such as teachers, sofrim (scribes), rabbis or shochatim (shechters).

    Regards,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete