Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rebbe Shmuel Yaakov Kahn and the Knesset

B"H

Actually I wrote this article last night but got some more detailed information later on, so that I deleted the first article.
To all my subscribers who probably received the first article automatically: This is the updated article !!!

____________________

What does the Toldot Avraham Yitzchak Rebbe, Rabbi Shmuel Yaakov Kahn, have to do with the Knesset ?

The Toldot Avraham Yitzchak are part of the anti - Zionist umbrella organization Edah HaCharedit and usually have no connections to the "Zionist State" whatsoever.

A little more than two years ago, Rebbe Shmuel Yaakov Kahn participated in a Simcha celebrated by the Knesset member (Yahadut HaTorah - United Torah Movement) Rabbi Israel Eichler.

Then, Satmar, the biggest and most influential group of the Edah, got really wild:

אין סאטמאר איז דאס אויפגענומען געווארן מיט שטארק צער

It was the year 2005, and the previous Rebbe, Rabbi Moshe Teitelbaum, was still the head of Satmar. And it is well - known that especially Satmar together with the Neturei Karta considers anybody haredi or religious cooperating with the present secular Zionist State of Israel as an enemy and traitor.

A special Satmar - Forum discussed the "Rebbe Shmuel Yaakov (Yankele) - case" and someone claimed that the Avraham Yitzchak Rebbe should be ashamed of himself meeting a Zionist haredi.

Why do I mention the story two years later ?

Unfortunately, I just found out by accident and I am curious if the Rebbe had to face any consequences.

Furthermore, I personally have the feeling that the Avraham Yitzchak group seems to be more open in its ideas. At least I got the impression when I visited the Tishes and spoke to some of the members. I might be mistaken but I do see some differences to Toldot Aharon.

Rebbe Shmuel Yaakov Kahn (in the middle). To the far right: Rabbi Israel Eichler (with Streimel and glasses).

No comments:

Post a Comment