Sunday, November 23, 2008

"HaModiah" in Shenkin

B"H

First I was planning to go to the Belzer Tish in Jerusalem, as I haven't been there for many months. Then a nice Chabad woman caught me in the secular Sheinkin Street in Tel Aviv on Friday morning.
I had just finished breakfast and was looking for a nice cup of coffeee, as she suddenly stood in front of me. Smiling and handing me some Shabbat candles.
"You want a paper as well ?" she asked.
"Why not ...", I replied and she gave me the litvishe daily "HaModiah".

Litvishe paper ? What does that mean ?
Doesn't Chassidut Gur mostly rule over the "HaModiah" ?
And how many other Chassidim are still more than upset about what Chassidut Gur did to Me'ir Porush ?
And haven't countless subscribers canceled their subscription so far ? At the moment, the haredi daily "HaModiah" in Israel seems to be in big trouble.

However, the paper mentioned an interesting subject on its front page making me changing my Tish mind. Rabbi Gedaliah Moshe of Zhvil was having his Yahrzeit (anniversary of the day he passed away) and Chassidut Zhvil would give a Tish on Erev Shabbat.

I came to Jerusalem and after the Shabbat meal again changed my mind. Too tired and finally I got some sleep.
No Zhvil no nothing but I am planning to write a few things about Rebbe Gedaliah Moshe of Zhvil.

This week, the Toldot Aharon Rebbe is coming back to Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment