Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Demonstration and Light Show

B"H

Two big events made headlines in Jerusalem's Pessach atmosphere. Actually there were more such as the "Bircat HaCohanim - Blessing of the Cohanim" at the Kotel (Western Wall) this morning.

The Old City is crowded with thousands of visitors. The atmosphere is great but forget about the prices. Bringing your own food is very wise instead of wasting too much money.

In the late afternoon I participated in a rallye of the Edah HaCharedit at Kikar Shabbat (Ge'ulah / Mea Shearim). The subject was the change of the law that selling Chametz during Pessach would be allowed in Israel and thus in the Holy City of Jerusalem. Many Edah rabbis spoke and I have a lot to write and prepare. Furthermore I got some really interesting Edah magazine; fresh out of the printing machine. As soon as I have sorted out all the information, I am going to put a longer article into this blog.

The afternoon demonstration of the Edah HaCharedit


Photo: Ynet


The second event just finished now.
The municipality organized a huge light show on the city walls right outside Jaffa Gate. The truth is that I found it very disappointing because I expected much more. Pictures and lights were shown on the walls explaining the history of Jerusalem. I don't know why but people always seem to make the same mistake all over when they show Avraham and Yitzchak. At the Akeida (Sacrificing of Yitzchak), Yitzchak was 37 years old and not a little boy. I think that the municipality should have avoided that mistake.

I enjoyed the demonstration more than the light show but nothing in life is perfect. What else can I say ???

Poster of the light show

No comments:

Post a Comment