Friday, June 6, 2008

Again a Holiday


Shavuot morning in Jerusalem

B"H

Shabbat is coming in soon and a day or two later we are going to celebrate Shavuot. Therefore, I am taking a short break and will only write new articles on Tuesday.

Most of the time I am going to spend in Jerusalem and I will let you know all about the Shavuot celebrations in the Holy City. There is nothing greater but spending the holiday here. Thousands of people are going to stream to the Kotel for Shacharit on Monday morning. Before, we study through the whole night and I hope that I can make it. Usually I always fall asleep at a certain point.

I heard that the OU - Israel Center has some good teachings. For those of you who are more into Carlebach and modern Orthodoxy: You shouldn't miss the Shiurim night with Rabbi David Aharon from Isralight at the Kol Rina Synagogue in Jerusalem - Nachlaot.
Last year, Rabbi Aharon taught at his Isralight - Center but was mostly promoting his books. So, my friend and I decided not to go again. Furthermore, only one Rabbi teaching comes out pretty boring, as after some time he always repeats himself.

This year, we try the Israel Center where every hour another Rabbi is going to teach. In between refreshments and some food are served. And hopefully no one is trying again to sell us his books.

Shabbat Shalom and Chag Sameach to all of you !!!!
Gut Shabbes and Gut Yom Tev to all of you !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment