Sunday, June 1, 2008

Exhaustion

B"H

Although I had made great plans for the past Shabbat, nothing worked out. I won't make any more plans in the future but just see how it goes. Take is as a surprise.

Last week I had worked on nightshift and was completely exhausted, as I hadn't slept for a few days. Until Friday night I was fine. As soon as I sat down at the Shabbat table at the Rabbi's, I was gone. I still remember eating a few salads but then I fell asleep. I didn't hear any singing or speeches. You could have thrown an atomic bomb, it wouldn’t have woken me up anymore.

I suppose that all the Rebbes are in town until shortly after Shavuot. Anyway, how could someone celebrate Shavuot and receive the Torah outside Jerusalem ? Going to the Kotel (Western Wall) for Shacharit at four c' clock in the morning is more than a tradition.

Some readers asked me to write about the chassidic groups of Rudzhin and Boyan. Especially Rudzhin has a long and intense chassidic history. However, I intended to do so but fell asleep on the way. It can only get better next Shabbat.

No comments:

Post a Comment