Friday, February 29, 2008

Just a Thought

B"H

So far, the greatest synagogue service ever, I experienced with Karlin - Stolin. Every time I am going there, I am impressed anew. Chassidim are praying in such ecstacy, wow. The Erev Shabbat service on Friday night is the best.

About 200 men pray downstairs at the men's sections. Chassidim from any kind of group and not only the Karliner themselves. National religious, litvish....
Unfortunately, not too many women come on Erev Shabbat.

Today I feel like having a really good prayer service and will be at Karlin - Stolin.
Later on, I might go to the Toldot Aharon Tish, if there is one. Actually I would also like to go back to the Kretchnifer, as I haven't been there for a few weeks. I like to see the Kretchnifer Rebbe (Jerusalem) dancing. He does it with such Kavod, it is unbelievable.

As there is another Shabbat Chatan at the Toldot Aharon synagogue, I might go there for Shacharit. However, I am not sure because I would like to see something else as well. Sadigora, Munkatch or Czernobyl.

When I look at all the Rebbes, Chassidim and policies, an interesting thought came into my mind. In order to find an answer, if there is an answer at all, I need to speak to the guys and not to the women. That's for sure.
I was asking myself who really runs a chassidic group. No matter if it is a smaller or a bigger group. Is it really only the Rebbe himself ? Is it only him being in charge ? And what about the "Scheyne Yidden" (the so - called group elite) ? How far do they influence the group's life ? Do the Shabbabnikkim listen to the Rebbe ?

Those are very interesting questions to me and I will try to find an answer.
Every group probably works different anyway. However, getting at least an idea would be great.

Shabbat Shalom - Gut Shabbes - שבת שלום לכל הקוראים

No comments:

Post a Comment