Friday, July 25, 2008

Gitty Grunwald in Israel

B"H

The present weekend edition of Israel's left - wing paper "Haaretz" took over the entire "New York Magazin" report on Gitty Grunwald and published it in Hebrew. Including the photos, by the way.

Gitty's decision to leave Kiryat Yoel and Satmar is her private matter and I accept it. But why did she run to the press ? In order to get some public support for her upcoming custody court case ?

Okay, I can accept that in a way although other Satmar runaways don't necessarily run to the "New York Magazin" to complain.

What I don't accept are her photos showing Gitty and her daughter half - naked. If you want attention, at least, show some self - respect. In this case not only Gitty to herself but even more to her daughter Esther Miriam.

I could be as mad as something at Satmar but nothing would cause me to stand around in a bikini or undress my daughter in front of any camera. And, in this respect, I do understand Satmar.

How much did Gitty charge the "New York Magazin" for those pictures ?
Maybe the answer would cause me to change my mind.:-)

3 comments:

  1. I agre 1000% whith you this is a kids way to revolt

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Unfortunately.
    I think that are different reasons why she does it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. correction:
    new york magazine.
    not the new york times.

    very different.

    ReplyDelete