Sunday, January 18, 2009

Alone with G - d

B"H

For the past few weeks, I haven't written too much about my usual subject: the Chassidut.
And I admit that I haven't even answered all the e - mails I have received regarding the subject.

My first excuse is that I have been very busy with the "Hasbara - Movement (explaining the Israeli point of view about the war in Gaza). I was busy collecting some material and explaining to German speakers, what is going on in Israel and who Hamas is.
Not everyone in Germany, Switzerland or Austria understands English and is able reading all the English sites. Furthermore, it is always a matter of mentality. Germans like to get some information from other Germans who speak their language and know their mentality. The same as every other nation in the world.

I hope that I did succeed a little, as I had a massive amount of hits on the Hasbara articles. On the other hand, I neglected my other blogs and now decided to use the time and catch up.

The second reason why I haven't written about Chassidut lately is that I simply needed a break. Not from G - d, not from Chassidut, but use some time for myself. Spend Shabbat in a different way; without all the chassidic Tishes and even seeing Haredim. Instead, I spent my past two Shabbatot with long walks at the beach in Tel Aviv. Enjoying the sound of the waves and being with myself and with G - d.

I enjoy those quiet moments very much and I think that everyone should get away or take a break once in a while. It is good to think and not only rushing from one Shabbat event to the next, having no time for oneself.

This upcoming Shabbat I am going to spend in Jerusalem and I will see at what Tish I am going to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment