Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fixing Rabbi Shimon's Grave



B"H

The grave of Rabbi Shimon HaZaddik in Jerusalem underwent some reparations and here are a few pictures of the new site. Maybe one of you can see any new changes, however, I don't. Although I have been spending so many years in Jerusalem, unfortunately, it never turned out for me visiting the grave.

Rabbi Shimon HaZaddik was a "Cohen HaGadol - High Priest" during the time of the Second Temple and he is considered to be the last righteous Cohen HaGadol; after he passed away, all his successors just ended up in corruption.



The grave can be found across the Ma'alot Dafna neighbourhood. Cross the main road coming from the Old City and leading to the French Hill. Today, the site is controvertial because the Arabs claim that the site belongs to them. Don't ask me why, as I am unable of following their weird propaganda ideas.




Link:

All pictures can be viewed here !

No comments:

Post a Comment