Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chag Sameach & Shabbat Shalom

B"H

I just had arrived in Tel Aviv and now, this afternoon, I am already returning to Jerusalem. There is nothing like spending Shavuot in the Holy City.

This week, I worked on nightshift twice and last night, I participated in the secular event "Laila Lavan". Shame on me, because the result may be that tonight, after the festive Shavuot meal, I may go to bed early. If I am lucky, I can make it for one Shiur (class) but I don't see myself studying through the whole night. Not even going to the Kotel (Western Wall) in the morning.

Those of you spending Shavuot in Jerusalem as well - there are plenty of places where you can study through the night. The most popular places among English speakers are probably the "Orthodox Union (Israel Center)" in Keren HaYesod and Rabbi David Aaron (running his program near the Sephardi Center in the Old City tonight). For beginners, those two programs are interesting although, I always see the OU more for the elderly public.

I wish you all a great inspiring holiday and that we all may have the Sechut to receive the Torah. Even the participants in the "Laila Lavan".:-)

"Chag Sameach - Gut Yom Tov" and "Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes" to all of you !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment