Friday, December 21, 2007

A busy Shabbat

B"H

Sometimes I am really jealous that the New Yorker have such an incredible choice of chassidic Tishes. On the other hand, New York is not Jerusalem and it is better to be here.

This Shabbat, I am planning to go to the synagogue of the unknown group Mishkenot HaRoim. The Mishkenot HaRoim keep themselves as a kind of secret organization. Very little is known about them. They are part of the anti - Zionist umbrella organization Edah HaCharedit in Mea Shearim. A few months ago, they organized a Yahrzeit service for the famous Neturei Karta head Rabbi Amram Blau (Yiddish: Bloi). Rabbi Blau passed away in 1974 and was a famous Jerusalem figure, as he fought against anything anti - religious.

I wanted to participate in the Yahrzeit service. Not because I agree with certain anti - State of Israel ideas, but because I was interested in seeing the group.
From the Mea Shearim posters (Fakshivilim), however, I learned that the memorial service only included the learning of Talmudic Mishnayot. This was it. In haredi circles this means "NO WOMEN" but only men.

I hope the Mishkenot HaRoim let me into their synagogue. Furthermore, I am planning to go to the Munkatch, Tchernobyl and Sadigora synagogues in Jerusalem.

Have a great Shabbat. Shabbat Shalom. Git Shabbes.


Pictures from the ultra - orthodox Mea Shearim / Jerusalem



No comments:

Post a Comment