Friday, May 16, 2008

Plans

B"H

Everything comes unexpectedly.
Actually I was planning my Shabbat with the Satmarer Chassidim in Bnei Brak but then ended up in Jerusalem with an invitation from Mea Shearim instead.

This Shabbat I am going to take action and not having a break and sleep, as I did for the past two weeks. And I am obligated to do something anyway, as I am invited to Mea Shearim.

The host always demands from me not to write about them and, therefore, I cannot mention the name of the chassidic group. However, it is a small group which is also a member of the anti - Zionist umbrella organization "Edah HaCharedit". We usually eat in two separate rooms; one room is for men only and the second one is for women. Everything will be extremely modest and I am putting on modest clothes and try to behave as good as I can. And I can if I have to.

After dinner, I am going out looking for chassidic Tishes and tomorrow morning I am going to one of the synagogues. Completely frum….

Maybe I succeed in escaping for a short while.
Then I might jump to Rabbi Mordechai Machlis and his hundred guests. There, I am not being watched all the time and can feel free. Well, I still this kind of change sometimes.

Shabbat Shalom - Gid Shabbes - שבת שלום

Mea Shearim Photos:

"Toldot Aharon" couple



In case you need head covers





No comments:

Post a Comment