Friday, September 26, 2008

Dr. Chana Baruch Beberich z"l

B"H

My friend, Dr. Chana Baruch Beberich, passed away. The news reached me so unexpectedly and late that I wasn't able to get to the funeral in time.

I had known "Dr. Chana" for a few years already and first met her at the Machlises. She always showed up with her husband David and gave speeches at Rabbi Machlise's Shabbat table. Last Purim, another friend and me took her to some chassidic Tishes and we had such a great love when the vibrating Chana got lost inside the Neturei Karta Synagogue.

I am still unable to grasp that she passed away and was buried on Jerusalem's Har HaMenuchot yesterday afternoon. I was told that many people attended the funeral; many of them used to be her patients. Haredim and national religious - everyone was there. Her sudden death was even announced in a haredi forum.

We will definitely miss her !

No comments:

Post a Comment