Monday, March 9, 2009

Purim in Tel Aviv

B"H

I am still in Jerusalem but half on my way back to Tel Aviv where Purim already starts tonight. This morning I totally forgot that there is a fast (Taanit Esther) and was already wondering why all the religious bakery customers stared at me in a funny way when they walked into the store while I was sitting there eating and having coffee.

Tonight I am going to Chabad in Tel Aviv to hear the Megillah and tomorrow night I am planning to visit the chassidic Tishes in Bnei Brak. I even try to go to Machnovke, the arch - enemy of Belz. But, as I said to a Belzer Chassid, I am going there in order to write about the Machnovke celebrations. I do that with all kinds of chassidic or orthodox groups and I am not getting involved in internal fights such as the two Satmarer Rebbes or Belz and Machnovke. I do write about the backgrond but I am not on either side.

On Wednesday I will be back in Jersalem for the local Shushan Purim celebrations and Rabbi Mordechai Machlise's party in Maalot Dafna. Later on, there are Tishes in Mea Shearim including the Neturei Karta. I am going to join the Tishes (not the Neturei Karta :-)) and hopefully have lots to tell afterwards.

PURIM SAMEACH to all of You !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment