Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chag Sameach - Happy Passover

B"H

It has never happened to me before but there is always a first time for almost anything. I am not too much in a Seder mood and first thought about just sitting somewhere at the beach and doing Hitbodedut with a few Mazzot. I had some invitations but there is just no feeling and energy inside of myself.

What I finally decided, something last minute so to speak, was going to Jerusalem and doing some Seder there with a friend. Leaving Tel Aviv is always hard and I will be back right after the first holiday tomorrow night.

There are religious Jews who don't write on the intermediate days (Chol HaMoed) of Sukkot and Pessach. However, I do so and will let you know about some Pessach events happening at Israel's coastal line. About Jerusalem I don't need to say much, as most activities and events are going to take place in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City. Including the "Blessing of the Cohanim - Birkat HaCohanim" on Sunday morning.

The Archeology Park at the Kotel will be open but it does cost an entrance fee. If you want something for free, go further down, out of the Dung Gate and to the left. In the middle of the Arab village of Silwan, you can find the "City of King David - Ir David". In case you want a tour, it does cost about 25 - 30 Shekels. However, if you just like to walk around, it is for free and you can spend there a whole day.

In any case, I would strongly recommend you to bring your own food and drinks with you, as it is far too expensive to buy anything at the local stores.

If you are in Tel Aviv, go to the beach or visit the Hayarkon Park. The nearby city of Holon also offers lots of Pessach activities.
I am trying to get away from the pollution and instead do some hiking at the coast.

Whatever you choose, have a great holiday.
"Chag Sameach - Happy Passover" to all of you !!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment