Friday, August 14, 2009

Shabbat Shalom

The BIG BANG
Photo and Explanation: Atlas of the Universe


B"H

The hot humid weather is finishing off all of us and every time I see a Chassid with a Bekishe (black shiny coat) and a Streimel on Shabbat, I wonder how he survive the heat. Once I heard a haredi guy saying that everybody is sweating and those with long sleeves, coats and Streimelim just sweat a little more.

What the heat does is making you tired. Wherever you go, you feel sleepy after a while. Chassidic Tishes start late during the summer and until 11pm or midnight, I am mostly already asleep. Next week, on the Shabbat following Rosh Chodesh Elul, I need to wake up though, as most Rebbes will be back home in Mea Shearim.

Going to Jerusalem this afternoon and getting some Shabbat atmosphere. Well, at least some Shabbat Menucha (resting) atmosphere. For next week, I am planning a trip to Sderot and the grave of the Baba Sali in Netivot.

Shabbat Shalom – Gut Schabbes to everyone !

2 comments:

  1. I wear a shtreimel and Bec they make them so light its not so bad in the summer (just that people look at us like we are meshuge) and not so warm in the winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    It may be light but it still looks so hot. Especially in Tel Aviv where humidity is crawling into everything and it then becomes sticky.

    ReplyDelete