Thursday, October 1, 2009

Is going to the Mikweh a Pleasure for Women ?

B"H

First of all, I need to say "Thanks" to all those readers sending me links about different topics ! No one alone can go through all kinds of websites and make a search. Usually I read some firm sites every day but it is impossible finding all kinds of information alone.

Today someone send me the following link:


A woman is complaining about her walk to the Mikweh. She wants to keep it a private matter but, in the end, everyone knows. The neighbour sees her sitting there as well as some former classmates.

I have never thought about this too much, as I am not married.
There are time when I really say "Baruch HaShem" because I have "less problems".:-)
Anyway, I have heard this from many women: Although other Mikweh visitors keep quiet, in the end, everyone knows that your period is over and that, this particular night, the woman is going to have relations with her husband.

I could tell myself that other women in the Mikweh are going through the same but I do agree with the woman writing the article: It should be a very private matter of a wife and her husband and not of the whole neighbourhood. And, as I have already told the person sending me this link, I would rather go to the sea in Tel Aviv than putting myself into a public Mikweh domain !

1 comment:

  1. the solution...marry a rich husband, and build a private mikve in the basement. all thats needed then is a 'mikve lady' to witness the immersion. of course, if she is spotted leaving the home, i guess youre back to square one...hmm.

    ReplyDelete