Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why I like the Toldot Aharon


The women of Toldot Aharon


B"H

So far, the Toldot Aharon have been my favourite chassidic group in Mea Shearim and elsewhere. Another group I really start to like is the Chassidut Vishnitz in Bnei Brak. However, my personal no. 1 are still the followers of Reb Arele (Roth).

I am neither a blind admirer of anyone nor am I especially attracted by the TA. I do agree with them to a certain extend but could not live such a life. In my eyes, one has to be born into that group. If you join them later, it won't be the same.
It is hard for me to describe the exact meaning of this statement but being born into something or joining later as someone coming from the outside is simply not the same.

Why now do I like them ?

Because of their simplicity.
I can only talk about my personal experience with the TA women, however, you won't really meet anyone so terribly arrogant who only is into himself. No one is yearning to be the center of attraction and what you see at the Tish is mainly extremely pious women. very much into Tehillim (Psalms) and prayer. The TA Rebbitzen sits just as everyone else on a metal bench during the Tish of her husband. No special chair, no nothing. You wouldn't even know that she is the Rebbitzen. A few months ago I went to one of her lectures and it was a great experience. If you get to know her you will find a modest educated woman who really is into the Torah life.

This is what impresses me most: The modesty of those group members.

2 comments:

  1. Miriam, you surprise us sometimes. I used to admire the Toldos Aharon Rebbe. Loved watching him dance or listening to him make a bracha. But did he issue one statement for his chassidim to stop rioting? And are you forgetting that his chassidim are the biggest animals among the rioters? I lost all the respect I built up for this group over the past few years. Not sure why you take the side of violence to solving life's problems Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Who is US ???

    If you looked into the whole demonstration issue more carefully, you would notice that most of the violations came from Shababnikim.
    Shababnikim and young Yeshiva guys from the United States !!!

    Only because I do like the Toldot Aharon am I not justifying violence.
    What does the Bracha of the Rebbe have to do with the demonstrations ?
    I don't have to agree to the TA Takanot, for instance, but can still like them. I don't have to agree to the writings of Rebbe Yoel Teitelbaum but can still get along with Satmar. Which I do, by the way.

    ReplyDelete