Friday, October 9, 2009

Schaemt sich !

B"H

As I have mentioned many times, I am not dressing in skirts all the time but I do dress modestly when I go into haredi areas. Also on Shabbat, I am mostly dressed in long skirts.

However, when I went to Sderot and Netivot in August, I wore jeans. First I didn't even want to enter the room with the grave of the Baba Sali in Netivot. Only staying in the courtyard outside and looking around.
Sephardic Jews in Israel think differently and they are, in some cases, more open minded then Ashkenazi Haredim. Meaning, they don't mind so much women wearing pants.
As soon as I saw quite a few Sephardic women entering the building with the grave, I did the same and no one said a word. No complaints, not even from the grandson of the Baba Sali I spoke to.





Me standing at Miriam's grave, the second wife of the Baba Sali.

No comments:

Post a Comment