Thursday, September 24, 2009

Machon Me'ir & Derech HaMelech

B"H

A colleague of mine asked me yesterday to do some advertising for his Yeshiva "Machon Me'ir". :-)

To those of you who don't know Machon Me'ir:
It is a national religious, very Zionist, Yeshiva in the heart of the Jerusalem neighbourhood of Kiryat Moshe. Not too expensive, by the way, as it is also being financed by the Jewish Agency.
At least as far as I know.

Machon Me'ir is basically for strengthening Yiddishkeit of Ba'alei Teshuva but does have a conversion (Giur) programme as well. Classes are in Hebrew, French, English and Russian.

I know the environment very well because I used to live in Kiryat Moshe for some years.
Not too far a way from Machon Me'ir, you can find the bigger "Mercaz HaRav" Yeshiva.





The national religious are not my special subject, however, I know some Machon Me'ir graduates. My colleague, by the way, is Israeli and in the middle of his Teshuva process.

A few months ago, I wrote about another Yeshiva who seems to be very special:

DERECH HAMELECH


Both Yeshivot are for guys ONLY ! 

It is always important to know what kind of a Yeshiva / programme you are looking for and what exactly your study goals are. Whoever doesn't have a clue yet, can enter a general programme and make up his mind later.

1 comment:

  1. Derech Hamelelech has now become a kolel only for married guys. They couldn't keep the yeshiva up financially.

    ReplyDelete