Thursday, September 3, 2009

Update: Swine Flu in Israel

B"H

Yesterday, the 21st Israeli died of Swine Flu.

It may sound crazy but when I went to the grave of the Baba Sali more than two weeks ago, I saw this fire place outside the Kever. People went over and threw small notes into the flames. I don't know if this is a particular Sephardic custom but another visitor told me that people throw notes with their personal wishes into the flames. I did the same and my was, asking G - d to protect me from the swine flu.

I had the choice: Either I win the lottery or I protect myself from swine flu.

3 comments:

  1. or win the lottery and buy the antedote for swine flu

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Well, then I am going to die because I don't participate in the lottery. No win, no antedote.:-)))

    However, I heard the antedote causes cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol such a world we live in

    ReplyDelete