Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What you do when your cell phone is lost or stolen !!!


Anyone else who has a cell phone should know this trick:
Key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #
A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset so keep it in a safe place. If your phone gets stolen, call your service provider & give them this code. They can then block your handset so EVEN IF THE THIEF CHANGES THE SIM CARD, YOUR PHONE WILL BE TOTALLY USELESS! You won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use OR sell it either.

4 comments:

  1. I tried it, but nothing happened other than getting an "invalid number" message. Does that only work in E'Y? or is it a SMS code?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of that before so
    I just googled it to find out some more and this came up:

    http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/celltheft.asp

    I guess it won't work for my phone

    ReplyDelete
  3. B"H

    It is not an sms code but you just type it in regularly and should receive a number within a second.

    My friend said it works for any phone in the world but I have to check with my provider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B"H

    I will find out if ORNAGE ISRAEL works with the GSM Technology:


    http://www.orange.co.il/he-il/cellular/roamers/

    ReplyDelete