Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Simchat Beit HaSho'eva and Hoshana Rabbah Night

B"H 

Tonight, Hoshana Rabbah is starting and we Jews have the custom of studying Torah through the entire night. I would love to do so but have to work tomorrow. However, I am going to write some blog posts and hope to get some Sukkot happiness from Jerusalem over to you. 

As I had announced on Sunday, I went to Jerusalem yesterday. To the Old City, the Kotel and Mea Shearim in the evening. Unfortunately, the Mea Shearim Simchat Beit HaSho'eva celebrations started a bit late and I couldn't enjoy too much, as my bus back to Tel Aviv was leaving. Furthermore, many chassidic groups announced that their Ezrat Nashim (women's side) would only be open to women of their own group. Due to missing space for everyone. When I went to the Neturei Karta Synagogue "Torah ve'Yira" we found out that even the NK only let in women with invitations.


The Neturei Karta Synagogue of Yoelish Kroisz.

Photo: Miriam Woelke

No comments:

Post a Comment