Friday, November 26, 2010

Shabbat Shalom

B"H

I met the Tiberias Chabad Shaliach a few days ago, and he was convinced that I was meant to me him. Call it "Divine Providence". 
Well, I have nothing against it because, so far, I haven't really done too much in Tiberias in a frum community sense. I have friends in Zfat and mostly stayed there over Shabbat but this is a mistake when you want to get settled about 40km down south in Tiberias. 

Of course, the Shaliach invited me for Shabbat. Who would be surprised when it is a Chabad Shaliach.:-) He also told me that the Chabad communities in Tiberias is much smaller than its counterpart in Zfat. About twenty families have settled here and their main center is in Rashi Street. Further chassidic groups keep on buying real estate. Vishnitz, the Kaliver Rebbe has a house here and the Toldot Aharon may be not too far away anymore.

Yesterday I went to the famous Tiberias cemetery (photos will follow a little later). Many great chassidic Rabbis are buried there. Rabbi Avraham Abulafia, Rabbi Chaim Abulafia, Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Vitebsk and plenty students of the Baal Shem Tov. In order to get the best pictures, I used the male alleyway to the graves of the Baal Shem Tov students. An alleyway with a Mechitzah (gender separation fence) is leading into this particular section of the cemetery. About twenty minutes after I had left the male section, a prominent Rabbi with a Yeruslami hat showed up with his three or four followers. I was lucky they hadn't caught me in using the male alleyway.:-))))  

"Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes" to everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment