Friday, May 11, 2012

Shabbat Shalom

B"H 

A rather chaotic week is coming to its end. I don't even know how to say if after all kinds of different announcements: Okay, I finally decided to move back to Jerusalem and leave Tel Aviv at the end of this month. I quit my job and will do something completely different in Jerusalem. However, I still have to look for a place to live and therefore, took a few days off next week. A friend of mine is moving and there is a chance that I could take his old apartment. It would be great if this works out, as the neighbourhood is nice and the rent is just perfect. 

One thing I know for sure: I will be in Jerusalem for Shavuot ! Furthermore, I will be participating in the Mea Shearim Tishes beginning with June. I am not forgetting Bnei Brak and all the events there. On the contrary, as then I will be able to travel much more and get some professional research done. I am planning to run interviews with different Haredim and publish them here on the blog. Either as a video or as a written text. It depends on who wants to be filmed and who doesn't. 

I think it is important when different Haredim speak about their customs and issues and not necessarily someone investigating from the outside. Being familiar with both sides, I still prefer the upcoming haredi interviews because it means first - hand information !


 Photo taken with an older camera: View onto Jerusalem's Old City (towards Jaffa Gate).

Photo: Miriam Woelke

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a video!
    Will it have English subtitles or?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    It depends what language the people being interviewed know. If the interview is in Hebrew, I will include the entire text in English as well.

    However, the first videos may be terrible, as I have to work myself into all the technical details.:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. B"H

    B'shaa tova !

    A final decision ?!
    I must say I have laughed (in a good way) about your frequent changes of mind whether to move from TLV and where to.
    I know what it's like to want different things at the same time :-)
    So, we will not read anymore about staying around TLV; another change of mind ?
    :-))
    Whatever will be, we'll be wishing you well.

    Shavua Tov

    ReplyDelete
  4. straight to batei ungarin !

    ReplyDelete
  5. B"H

    Well, well, its not that easy making a decision. There are many things I like about Tel Aviv and there are others I like about Jerusalem. Sometimes, both places go on my nerves. So, what do you suggest ? Maybe moving somewhere into the middle like Beit Shemesh or Modi'in ? :-) I don't know.

    However, Batei Ungarin is definitely not the right place for me. Visiting YES but not on a permanent basis. This I know for sure ... Well, maybe not ... :-)

    ReplyDelete