Saturday, October 2, 2010

The old Jewish Yishuv in Tiberias


The Sephardi Synagogue Center "Etz Chaim" at the promenade in Tiberias. Rabbi Chaim Abulafia came from Turkey and in 1740, he restored the Jewish community of Tiberias.

See below - 
Next to the "Etz Chaim Synagogue":
The house of Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Vitebsk, 1730 - 1788.
Now part of the "Karlin - Stolin" Synagogue.

Photos: Miriam Woelke

No comments:

Post a Comment