Friday, July 17, 2009

Shabbat Shalom

B"H

There is a life beyond the demonstrations and Mea Shearim. This week has been extremely intense and I am really longing for a quiet Shabbat.

A quiet Shabbat in Jerusalem these days ?
Unbelievable. Even in the Nachlaot neighbourhood (at the Machane Yehudah Market) "Schabbes, Schabbes" shouts can be heard from some Haredim. Some people in Tel Aviv told me that the religious in Jerusalem should stay there. "Don't they ever come to Tel Aviv and go on our nerves !"

Tisha Be'Av is two weeks ahead of us and our Jewish societies are a mess. I am in Tel Aviv at the moment and try getting some better thoughts into my mind. Going to Jerusalem in the afternoon and facing a completely different mentality. Not particularly haredi mentality but also an intense Jerusalem mentality.


I am not giving any advice what to think or to do but take the easy way: Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes - to all of you !

No comments:

Post a Comment