Monday, August 27, 2012

Treifeh Cheese at the Machane Yehudah Market / Jerusalem

B"H


Kashrut Supervisor BADATZ BELZ, Harav Yitzchak Ziegelman, at the Machane Yehudah Market.

Photo: Miriam Woelke


KOSHER ALERT:

"Jerusalem Kosher News" confirms that the popular cheese store BASHER at the Machane Yehudah Market has no Hechsher whatsoever. I have to admit though that their cheeses look tempting. Just great and so tasty. Once I walked in 
to the store and asked an employee whether the cheeses are kosher. To tell you the truth, every Jew understanding something about Kashrut knows that the store is definitely not kosher. There are simply too many cheeses from abroad and there is no way that they could be kosher.

The employee, however, told me that some cheeses are kosher, others are not. I walked out and overcame my Yetzer HaRah for a delicious piece of cheese. Nevertheless, when I pass, I hardly ever see any religious Jew inside but the store does make money though. They just renovated but the staff doesn't look too Jewish to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment