Friday, August 31, 2012

Where to find "Migdal Oz" by Rabbi Yaakov Emden


Bookstore in Rabbi Akivah Street / Bnei Brak

Photos: Miriam Woelke

B"H

I am a bit behind with all my blogging, as I have been busy preparing a couple of longer articles. Yesterday I had to go to appointment in Ramat Gan (next to Tel Aviv) and, as Ramat Gan is very close to haredi Bnei Brak, I walked all the way over to Rabbi Akivah Street and did my Bnei Brak trip. A brief one, as I only wanted to find a specific book, I haven't got hold of in Mea Shearim / Ge'ulah yet.

In Bnei Brak, I walked into two haredi hardcore bookstores but I was told that they don't have the book available. The good thing is that I already have the book on PDF File but in bad print. So, I thought that when I buy it, I am going to have an easier reading. However, I still haven't succeeded in finding "MIGDAL OZ" by Rabbi Yaakov Emden. Meaning, I either go to the library and order it, try another Mea Shearim bookstore or just be happy with my PDF File. Maybe one of you has an idea where I can purchase the book. Nor necessarily online but either in Jerusalem or Bnei Brak. 

As I cannot leave a bookstore without buying anything, I was happy to find chassidic teachings on Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur as well as SEFER TIFERET ISRAEL by the Maharal. Those books are a great help for the blog articles I am preparing.

Have a great Schabbes everyone. Now I need to clean and cook for Shabbat.:-) The usual Friday routine and I wish it was done already.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment