Sunday, August 29, 2010

Selichot before Rosh HaShana



 
 
 
B"H
 
Ashkenazi Jewry is starting its SELICHOT prayers (before Rosh HaShana) on this week's Mozzaei Shabbat (Saturday night). This only gives us time for Selichot on Mozzaei Shabbat, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night.

I have started explaining the whole Selichot issue in detail on my German religious blog and will give some insights in English as well. However, while writing I cannot stop thinking about reality which says: It will be extremely hard for me finding some time going to the Kotel (Western Wall) and saying Selichot. Every year the same fight because I need to work and hardly have any time for anything else in the evening. The perfect day for me would be a Thursday night but then we already celebrate Rosh HaShana. 

A real challenge every year anew, as the Selichot are usually said after midnight or early in the morning at about 4am. There is no other way and I have to find some time, as we have no more Rabbi Levi Yitzchak of Berditchev and his justifications (for every fellow Jew) before G - d around.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment