Monday, May 10, 2010

70 years ago: How the Jews of Cracow commemorated the Yahrzeit of the "REMA"


B"H

The Israeli haredi online Site "Chadrei HaCharedim" is running this interesting photo series: How Polish Jews came to Cracow seventy years ago in order to commemorate the Yahrzeit of the Rema, Rabbi Moshe ben Israel, 1520 - 1573.

See all photos HERE !

If one imagines that those pictures were taken just before the Holocaust. It always make me shiver when I look at old pictures where I know that most of the Jews I see were probably killed by the Nazis. 

2 comments:

  1. B'H
    Shalom

    Do u know what happend whit the Jewish cementeries in Poland? u know the Holy places like Rema Ohel

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Hi Carlos,

    I found this site and it looks quite interesting. I suppose that some graves are fine and taken care of whereas others seem to be neglected.

    http://www.otzadikim.com/

    ReplyDelete