Friday, May 7, 2010

Shabbat Shalom

B"H

The time of freedom has come ! 
I am in Tel Aviv but the Jerusalem pressure is right ahead, as today, I am already going back.
Someone actually told me yesterday to go to the Shiva of Moshe Hirsch (the Neturei Karta extremist) who passed away last Sunday. I thought and thought; even asked someone at work if she wouldn't join but she, in return, just gave me a look as if I am completely insane.
"I have read about him and this is already more than I can take", she responded.

Okay, okay, a short walk around downtown and then taking the bus to Tel Aviv. No Shiva in the Mea Shearim market but beach or Dizengoff (Shopping)Center in order to buy some new Crocs.

Summer has arrived and today the Temperature in Tel Aviv will be 28 degrees Celsius and in Jerusalem we have 30 degrees Celsius. I think in Fahrenheit it is something around 80 - 90.
This kind of weather is always a sign that I am going to meet plenty of Haredim at the beach in Tel Aviv. Every Friday morning / noon (when the Yeshivot are closed for Shabbat), various Yeshiva guys travel to Tel Aviv in order to go to the beach. During the day you see them without kipa and only dressed in shorts laying at the beach and on Friday evening you see them walking around in Jerusalem wearing a black hat and a suit. No matter if American or Israeli Bochurim.
By the way, some seminary girls are also around. Incognito, as you can surely imagine !

Well, well, Tel Aviv has something. Mainly the smell of freedom and being yourself before you step back into the Jerusalem rat trap. If G - d wanted us to be part - time actors ?

However, I am going to act this afternoon and tonight I will probably end up at a chassidic Tish in Mea Shearim. From the lowest point of Tel Aviv to chassidic spirituality. Maybe I should ask my Tish neighbours if they had also been to the beach in the morning !

"Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes" to all of you !

No comments:

Post a Comment