Friday, May 21, 2010

Shabbat Shalom


Chassidic Tish

B"H

It has been a short week (due to Shavuot) and Israeli newspapers today wonder about the American authorities building a mosque on Grund Zero. Isn't it strange ? The terrorist Osama Bin Laden blows up the Twin Towers and then gets a mosque as a present.
But can we in Israel complain ?
We have the Dome of the Rock instead the Beit HaMikdash (Third Temple). An ugly Muslim courtyard with trees on the Temple Mount. The first thing we have to do when then Third Temple is around, we have to cut those trees off, as in ancient times, trees were considered as idol - worship and thus not allowed on the Temple Mount (see Talmud Tractate Avodah Zarah).

Shabbat is right ahead and thus hopefully some Tishes in Jerusalem's haredi neighbourhoods. If anyone has a chance, could you please let me know when the Kaliver Rebbe is giving his Tish ! I would be so interested in going there and finding out whether he speaks to women. He may be a great person to talk to concerning the Holocaust and the information is definitely interesting to my German readers. Today's Germany where the Holocaust almost seems to be forgotten and where the left loves the Palestinians.

Tel Aviv is warm and sunny this morning. As usual, I will be going to Jerusalem this afternoon. What a difference ! From Tel Aviv where you see gay couples walking in the streets holding hands to holy Jerusalem. Last night I saw two male gay couples in Tel Aviv holding hands. This, you wouldn't see in Jerusalem and those are the moments when I miss the Holy City and it's still existing moral laws.

"Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes" to everyone !

2 comments:

  1. How timely is this post (and unfortunate that I didnt get to see it until after yomtov ). My grandmother was just having a discussion with me about how she met with a certain Rebbe who (in her words) actually talked to her, and looked at her directly. When she described him further(no beard, holocaust survivor), I realized she was speaking of the Kaliver Rebbe. I guess that answers your question...

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    I wrote the post last Friday morning !


    This is what I guessed. That the Kaliver Rebbe does speak to women.
    His counterpart from Kalov in the US also speaks to women.

    ReplyDelete