Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Are you aware of your inner Galut ?

The Diaspora Jew

 
B"H

Are you aware of your personal Galut (Diaspora) ?

A Jew usually understands under "Galut - Diaspora" living abroad but not in Israel. Nevertheless, according to chassidic teachings we also have to be aware of our own personal Galut which is far worse than the Galut of the Jewish nation.

Am I aware of my own Galut ? Of my own difficulties not connecting enough or at all to G - d ? As a Jew, I can live in Israel but still continue my personal Galut. Someone at a Shiur just gave the perfect definition:

"You can put a boy from Brooklyn to Israel but can you get Brooklyn out of the boy ?"

And,once again, we are back on the road of finding ourselves and try to understand who we really are !

1 comment:

  1. You can take the girl out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of the girl.

    ReplyDelete