Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rabbi Shlomo Aviner against Talkbacks

B"H

The Chief Rabbi of Beit El, Rabbi Shlomo Aviner, is not a Rabbi who I feel I would particularly listen to but now he just made a very good point. Rabbi Aviner spoke out against reading TALKBACKS on websites. Article reactions can be positive and add a few new information to the article. However, they can also be very negative and thus destroy your content.

What you as a writer always have to consider: You don't know the person who is behind the comment. It can be someone totally honest but, in many cases, those talkbackers are nothing but fakes. For instance, I have noticed that quite a few people who try to make a "Jewish" comment actually turn out as Christian readers. It is those people and plenty of left - wingers getting Jewish religious concepts wrong. Sometimes they don't even try to understand but just look for the negative in order to use it in a negative way. 

So far, the worst Talkbacks I have had on Facebook where I cut out many "friends". False converts to Judaism or call them Messianics, left - wingers and many Americans of all religions who try to tell Israel what to do and how to behave. 

I seriously have to admit that those Christian talkbacks on my content go on my nerves because I don't want to have anything to do with such people. They can read their own sites but not mess around with Jewish content. Or to say it in other words: They don't have a "Neshama E - lo - kit" but still think they know everything better then Jews. It does have a negative influence on me, as I don't want to deal with such KLIPOT !

No comments:

Post a Comment