Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yeshiva Students on FACEBOOK



B"H

Several Yeshivot in Bnei Brak and Modi'in Illit (Kiryat Sefer) threw out those of their Talmidim (students) who hold a Facebook account.

I am not surprised, as I see it myself. Plenty of chassidic or litvish looking guys are on Facebook and accept women and Gentiles as their friends. Their talks (messages) are not only about religion but also about pop music and very worldly matters.

If I was a Chassid I would only be on Facebook if I had a business or was a writer. Thus, for PR purposes. The same with haredi organizations depending on donations or trying to do some serious Jewish outreach.

What I find interesting is that many Ba'al Teshuva Haredim have a Facebook account and it looks to me as if they haven't said goodbye to their former lifestyle yet.:-)))
Just a thought !

I am just wondering whether those Yeshivot would accept FACEGLAT - The kosher social Network ...

No comments:

Post a Comment