Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Photos from Bnei Brak, Part 1

B"H

It is anything but easy taking pictures in the haredi part of Bnei Brak (near Tel Aviv). I underwent that kind of experience yesterday, when some kids started yelling at me in Rashi Street and an elderly Haredi gave me the worst looks while being armed with an umbrella. I admit that I wore pants and hadn't even planned of being there but I hardly ever aimed the camera at people but at building. My intention was taking photos of some synagogues in Rashi Street, as of Chassidut Machnovke, for instance. However, as soon as someone from the outside shows up, all red alarms are blinking. So, I am presenting you what I got. It isn't much and not always the best quality because I got into situation where I had to hide my camera.



"Welcome to Bnei Brak !"
Welcoming when entering Bnei Brak from Ramat Gan.


Haredi shopping street in Bnei Brak.









Copyright / Photos: Miriam Woelke

No comments:

Post a Comment