Thursday, July 21, 2011

Is actress Gwyneth Paltrow Jewish ?

B”H

Normally, I am running this kind of series on "who is Jewish and who is not" on my German Hamantaschen - Blog. German readers definitely love the subject and I am getting plenty of hits on my definitions of which celebrity is Jewish and where their Yiddishkeit is just a rumour.

The “Winnipeg Free Press” has published an article saying that Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow is planning on raising her two children in a Jewish way. The only problem is that only her father Bruce Paltrow is Jewish but Gwyneth's mother Blythe Danner is a Christian Quaker. The result is that Gwyneth Paltrow is not Jewish !

The “Winnipeg Free Press” article is referring to the problem and suggesting that Gwyneth Paltrow can only raise her children Jewish in a very limited way.

3 comments:

  1. German readers definitely love the subject.

    I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    I once made a poll why and the majority simple claimed CURIOSITY.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, her mother isn't Jewish. Though I read somewhere once that she has Jewish ancestry on her father's side.

    ReplyDelete