Monday, July 11, 2011

Yeshiva Pressure

Photo: Miriam Woelke



B"H

Although more than ten years have passed, my life still depends on the same kind of thoughts !

A poetry I wrote eight years ago:


Once upon a time, I was a yeshiva student.
A student of a well - known
religious haredi school.
I hated this school.
I loved this school.

We had a firm schedule.
Studying in the late afternoons and
in the evenings.
Torah, Talmud and Jewish law.
I hated the classes.
I loved the classes.

The pressure was enormous.
To dress modestly.
To behaved appropriate.
To pray.
To think.
I hated the pressure.
I loved the pressure.

One day I had a nervous breakdown.
Caused by the pressure.
Pressure I put upon myself.

Now I have a free life.
Nevertheless, sometimes
I hate it and sometimes I
love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment