Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Kever of the Amshinover Rebbe in Tiberias

B"H

One of my blog readers asked me about the grave of the Amshinover Rebbe buried in Tiberias (Tveryia). I must admit that I don't know much about Chassidut Amshinov and would love to hear more details. When I lived in Jerusalem, I never made it to Bait Vagan where the present Rebbe lives. A while ago I was ready to go to his Tish but an Amshinover Chassid told me that the Rebbe was sick. 

Here are the photos from the Amshinover Rebbe buried on the Tiberias cemetery. His Kever is fenced and not too far away from the entrance. However, the grave is, at least, 100m far away from the section where some Baal Shem Tov students as well as Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Vitebsk is buried.





Two women are buried right next to the Rebbe's grave. However, outside the fence to the left. I am mentioning this as the blog reader was interested in "Who is buried next to the Rebbe ?"






Rabbanit Ayala Shechtel buried near the Amshinover Rebbe. I have never heard about her and the location of her grave doesn't mean that she must be somehow related to the Rebbe.





Copyright / Photos: Miriam Woelke

2 comments:

  1. He was the Amshinover Rebbe of Boro Park. Was the real tzadik and his chssidim have still not recovered since his passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was actually a first cousin with the Grandfather of the Amshinover Rebbe which lives in Bayit Vegan

    ReplyDelete