Friday, January 28, 2011

Shabbat Shalom


Breslover Chassidim in Downtown Tel Aviv.

Photo: Miriam Woelke


B"H

Sometimes I need the feeling that I am still alive ! Besides religion, creativity is giving me this feeling and where in Israel do you find more creativity than in Tel Aviv ? Not always in a positive way, as Mea Shearim faints as soon as the word "Tel Aviv" appears. Argghhh, sin city. Nevertheless, anyone looking for positive actions will also find them here.

I have noticed that I still have many hits on my articles about the Gerrer runaway Sarah Einfeld and I have been thinking about calling her up in order to ask her for an update. Last night, I was checking my e - mails on Gmail and suddenly I found Sarah chatting with me. She said she is fine and still alive. Hopefully we will meet some time next week or, at least soon. It is not that I feel the urge writing about her, as I do understand her. She used her free choice and is happy with it. When we meet next time it is probably more talking about private matters than the intention of preparing an article. However, I am going to write a short follow up on her. 

"Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes" to everyone !


Links: 

I have never promised you a rose garden

Sarah Einfeld, a former Gerrer Chassidah

Meeting Sarah Einfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment