Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Mi she nichnas Adar" and the "Riots in Egypt"


 Photo: Miriam Woelke

B"H

My Shabbat was full of sportive activities. Mainly walking around in Tel Aviv. Sunny and warm weather, I met some new people and I also got a good portion of spirituality, as I went to the Synagogue. 

No doubt, Chabad invested lots of money renovating its Chabad House near Shenkin Street. The entrance doors are surrounded by silver shining metal with a rather posh design. 

What I forgot to mention before Shabbat: 
Shabbat Mishpatim was a "Shabbat Mevarchin" where we blessed the new upcoming month of Adar. This time ADAR 1 because we are adding a second month of Adar to the first one due to this year's leap year. 

One of the Chabad Rabbis started off his Drasha by mentioning the riots in Egypt. Israel is being more and more surrounded by its enemies and whether there is a reason for us to be afraid. The answer was no, as all events are just taking us closer to the time of Meshiach and it is all G - d's plan. 

Not only because of the Drasha but rather due to the nice prayer service I have to say that I really enjoyed the Shabbat service (Parashat Mishpatim). 

No comments:

Post a Comment